Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Seeing God's Faithfulness

Have many of you heard the saying, "Living on love"? Well, as we near 3 months of marriage, I am finding that we are indeed living on love and the unfailing faithfulness of God.

I will  be the first to say that I have not been responsible when it comes to my finances, Phillip is much better at this than I am. In the last few months, we have been cutting it close, there were times when we didn't quite know how we were going to make it. But our God always provides, amen? We had a wonderful family give us groceries that carried us through the month, others who just blessed us with an invitation over to their house for a meal. Phillip has been able to make some money by working on some landscaping which seems to help us make ends meet.

But there is always something. An unexpected bill, a wedding to go to, travel, something broken, or needing replaced, or a big speeding ticket. I am thankful to have such a gracious husband, and a God that always provides for our needs.

I tend to worry so much, I see the numbers,  the math, the negative numbers. I worry. Phillip reminds me that God is not bound my numbers, budgets, unexpected expenses, or my "what-ifs". God always provides, now it seems as though it is a game of expectation. Now I am excited to see how God gets me out of this mess I have made, for His glorious name, extending grace and mercy to me.

It seems that in this season my husband has so much more faith than I do. He is faithful to remind me of the promise of God in all things, and encourages me to smile and trust God.

Here is my promise that I have been holding onto:
"What shall we say to these things? If God is for us who is against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him, freely give us all things? Who will bring a charge against God's elect? God is the one who justifies; who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus us He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who intercedes for us"
Romans 8:31-34
~For His Glory, and Our Good~
The Grants

No comments:

Post a Comment